Current call in the Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments for a thematic issue on Playful Interactions and Serious Games.
Deadline for manuscript submission is April 15th, with camera ready copy required early next year.
The call is looking for contributions on works that:
- Present innovative and state-of-the-art applications that use playful concepts in ambient intelligence settings,
- Describe game-based solutions to behavior change and pervasive healthcare problems,
- Share experiences, insights, best-practices andlessons-learned,
- Report the results of technical and social evaluations with regards to playful interaction and serious game design,
- Report results of longitudinal studies,
- Discuss and highlight the key challenges and future developments within the domain.
Meanwhile, another recent discovery is the recently launched journal - The International Journal of Play. This is quite a different context and subject to serious games, but I guess one that serious games researchers should be aware of. Some of the papers published in the first three issues do relate to digital games, though most don’t. Instead, you might find studies of play behaviours of children in different social groups, or similar.