Things have been very quiet over at the SLOODLE project for a while, but Edmund Edgar and Fire Centaur (Paul Preibisch) have been continuing to work on SLOODLE, contributing to the open-source code base while also developing their own supported solution for end users – Avatar Classroom. There will be a chance to see what they are up to coming soon (SLurl/URL to follow). From Edmund:
Class on Avatar Classroom: Edmund and Fire’s SLOODLE-based classroom, Tuesday March 20th at 8PM Pacific Standard Time
Some people may have heard of the hosted service Edmund Edgar and Fire Centaur have been working on, built on the latest SLOODLE 2.0.
This gives you a pre-fabricated classroom integrated with a fully hosted Moodle website, with all the SLOODLE tools, designed to get you up and running with SLOODLE as quickly and easily as possible.
We have all the usual SLOODLE tools, so you can:
- Upload their Presentations in Moodle, and have them displayed in Second Life with the Sloodle Presenter
- Create quizzes in Moodle, and have students complete them in Secondlife using Sloodle quiz chairs, and the all new Sloodle Scoreboard!
- Create and award points on your scoreboard for quizzes and role-play activities.
- Submit homework assignments in Second Life, and grade them using the Moodle Gradebook
- Distribute Virtual items to the class using a web based interface.
- Record and bridge Student / Teacher chat sessions in Second Life and have these automatically archived in Moodle Chat
We also have a few additional touches, like a shark pool to attack your students if their quiz chairs drop too far.
Fire Centaur will be holding an informational tutorial on Tuesday March 20th at 8PM PST for all those interested.
Hope to see you there!